Vegetable broth, brunoise potatoes and capers
Ingredients (1 serving)
• 200g fresh salmon
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 30g chopped shallots
• 30g sliced celery
• 1 clove crushed garlic
• 4 cherry tomatoes
• 20ml white wine
• 200ml chicken stock or vegetable stock
• 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
• 1 tsp. capers
• ½ tsp. dried thyme
• 1 1lemon grass leaf
• ½ tsp. salt
• ½ tsp. pepper
1.Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
2. Sauté shallots, celery, and garlic until tender.
3. Add tomatoes, thyme, capers, salt and pepper and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add chicken stock, wine, and lemon juice and bring to boil.
5. Reduce heat and add salmon. Spoon juice and vegetables over filets.
6. Cover and simmer for 7-10 minutes, depending on thickness of salmon. Test for doneness by pressing on a filet. If it begins to separate, it’s done.
7. Add parsley and stir into liquid.
8. To serve, place each salmon fillet in a shallow bowl, spoon the sauce and top with tomatoes and vegetables.
Compiled by Chef Munya