Recipe of the Month from Ngoma Safari Lodge
- 250g chicken livers
- 1/2 cup Amarula
- 1/2 cup chillies
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup butter
- a little olive oil to fry onions, garlic and chillies
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Sauté garlic, onions and chillies in a frying pan. Set aside.
- In another saucepan, over a low heat, combine butter and chicken livers. Fry chicken livers for 2 – 3 minutes on each side. The livers should be brown on the outside and a little pink still inside.
- Combine garlic, onions and chillies with the chicken livers
- Add in salt and pepper to taste, then add in Amarula, reduce heat to simmer until the sauce thickens
Serve with freshly baked bread or melba toast