The Boma Crème Caramel Dessert Recipe
A stylish gluten-free dessert which everyone will love!
Ingredients (10 portions)
- 200g Granulated sugar
- 250g water
- 1l fresh milk
- 8 whole eggs
- 100g castor sugar
- 6-8 drops vanilla essence
- Prepare the caramel by gently boiling sugar in three quarters of water in a pan.
- When the sugar is cooked to a golden brown caramel color add the remaining quarter of the water
- Reboil until the sugar and water mix, then pour into the 10 dariole moulds
- Prepare the cream by warming the milk and whisk on the bitten eggs, castor sugar and vanilla essence
- Strain or pour into the prepared moulds
- Place in the baking tray half full of water
- Cook in a moderate oven at 150-160 Degrees Celsius for 30-40 minutes
- When cold loosen the edges of the cream caramel with the fingers, shack firmly to loosen and turn out on the dish or plate
- Pour out the caramel remaining in the moulds around the creams
Here are a few variations of the dessert, if you would like to give it a little twist:
Orange Crème Caramel: Add 1 Tbs. finely grated orange zest (from 1 medium orange) to the milk mixture before heating it.
Espresso Crème Caramel: Add 1 Tbs. instant espresso powder (such as Medaglia d’Oro brand) to the heated milk mixture